Tuesday, December 6, 2011

New: I've written a novel.

MY LIFE, Dec. 7 - Some things have transpired. For starters, I've changed the name of this blog. The URL is the same, so if you've been kind enough to link to me in the past, then you can sleep well tonight, safe in the knowledge that your link is still valid. Same blog, different title.

The name change comes in the service of something larger: my first novel will be released on April 1, 2012, and I decided to use the title for my new book instead of my blog. Perhaps this seems counterintuitive, in that some people will probably mistake this entirely new, 265-page work of fiction for a collection of blog posts in book format. But here's the thing: I'm Sam McPheeters and I can do whatever I want.

The novel The Loom Of Ruin could be called a "satire" or "dark comedy" or a "story in which lots of terrible things happen to a lot of good people". If you like my writing, you will like this book. It was written with you in mind.

The novel is being released through Mugger Books, a new, L.A.-based publisher run by my friend Anthony Berryman. You’ll be able to preorder a copy in the first week of January. Digital e-reader presales will commence in the next month or so. I'll be posting a lot more information about this book, and the related book tour, in the weeks to come.

This is one of several projects I have lined up for 2012. My blog suffered this year because of these projects. That won't be the case next year. I like posting stuff here. If I had the option, this would be my only online outlet. Thanks for your patience. I'll make it worth your while.