Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Problem: Homeless Beast

LOS ANGELES, SEPT 2 - My friend John Michaels - late of the bands Towel and Men's Recovery Project - is looking for a home for his cat. John is leaving L.A. after a series of misadventures, and writes;

About 3 months ago, I took in a cat that had been hanging around my apartment complex. He was very friendly, and he seemed to be lost. I put up signs around the neighborhood, but no one got back to me, and I took him to the vet and he's not chipped. So now he's mine, but I'm not really in the best position to be taking on a dependent right now. I'm heading out east on September 9th. I'll be in NYC for a night or 2, then I'm heading to Philly for a couple weeks. After that, I'm not sure what I'm doing, as I'm waiting to hear back about a job and a new place in LA, and I may want to stay out east for a bit to celebrate my 40th and prepare myself for LA, Round 2. So I'm looking for someone who wants a cat. In case the photo doesn't work for everyone, he's an orange tabby, medium build, with large, adorable ears. He's extremely friendly, very playful, and, at least since I've had him, an indoor cat, though he seems like he could handle just about anything. He's about 3 and he's fixed, though he still has quite the package, which has prompted much incredulous poking from those inclined to poke cat scrotums (a much larger group than I would have guessed), and the reason for one of his many names: SeƱor Fruitcup. He really is one of the coolest cats I've ever hung out with. So if you're looking for handsome companionship in this dark, ugly world, let me know. Or if you know someone in LA, NYC, or Philly who is looking for a cat, please pass this on.

As if this photo wasn't enough, I'll also throw in the complete Towel discography to any takers. John can be reached through his website.