Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hiatus / Baloney Notice

BALONEY TIME, Jan. 1 - First off, happy new year. I don't want to beat around the bush on that subject. We've still got three and a half weeks to go before the Chinese Year Of The Ox hits, but I do have a good feeling about this one. After suffering the consecutive years of chimp, cock, dog, pig and rat, I think we are all due for an animal whose name doesn't double as a barroom insult. Good for all 6.765 billion of us.

Also, I'm going on vacation from this blog for the next four months. Got some projects lined up. I'll probably post more frequently, but - with few exceptions- it'll just be photos and tidbits and some old writings until May. When I see this kind of business on other people's blogs I usually sniff baloney. But when I myself do things I find objectionable, somehow everything seems to work out fine. Enjoy the Ox: see you in May.